
So , Sidney has figured out a rather clever tactic to getting his hands on Sophias' bottles...pretend to feed her and if she refuses, take what's left! But once in a while, he is truly helpful and tries to feed his sister...and I caught him in the act while doing dishes! He was very proud of himself...and still managed to eat the last drops she didn't. A few nights ago, he also tried to be helpful and pull her out of this chair to hold her as she was crying for attention while Sid was busy in the kitchen and I was posting my homework. She ended up on the floor, totally unhurt but scared and BAWLING and poor Sidney was BAWLING too because he thought he was in trouble and he was upset that Sophia was crying. Too cute but boy, this place is too small for two crying babies! Sidney has also made a few leaps and bounds these past few weeks; he has learned how to unzip his jammies, take his diaper off, throw it away, open his bedroom door and come downstairs stark naked. He wants to climb up the stairs like a big kid and fell from the top step because he was so excited he did it, he lost his balance and down he went; Sid said he jumped all the stairs to get to Sidney and he only suffered some red scuff marks on his cheeks from the carpet and of course, a big blow to his little boy pride. Sidney also has learned where the toaster is and will get it out for breakfast, he's learning how to put Sophia's bottles together, how to say "sshhhhh" and even said 'all done" twice today when I was putting the vacuum away. Oh yeah, and he's also interested in sitting on the toilet with his little ring insert so he won't fall in. We aren't even remotely pushing potty training at this point but he goes in there and puts the lid up, gets his little seat on there and starts unzipping or taking off clothes!! I figure if he does accidentally use the potty, we'll be lucky and he's having fun at least!

Sophia is starting to smile more and more, usually when you pick her up, when she's getting her butt changed and when Sidney is acting goofy for her. It's really hard to catch them, but here's one of her smiling because her brother was rocking the chair and yelling like a banshee. She is an total awe of him and her eyes get wide when she stares at him running around- Sidney also gives her many kisses exclusively. Her two month check up was Tuesday and she had 3 shots of which she was NOT happy even though Sidney tried to 'help' Debbie with the band-aids. She weighs in at 16 lbs. 8 ozs. and is the picture of health and vitality. She is growing well and quickly and I have healed completely and quickly. I am also excited about an upcoming doctor visit to see about getting some minor surgery done to remove a cyst that has bothered me off and on for about 10 years now- I'm excited about the prospect of having it gone forever!!

And in closing, this is what Sophia thinks of all the kisses I give her...look at those cheeks! Hers, not mine...She's a wonderfully easy baby and we are ridiculously blessed with such easy going kids. Here'e me crossing my fingers that the trend continues as Sid and I want more...
5 comments:
Look at those CHEEKS! That is definitely CHEEKS with capital letters! SO CUTE! And the first pic of Sidney feeding her is precious. :) You need some burgle-proof jammies don't ya? We should invent a device! Thanks for the update and the pics! We love you!
Love the pictures!! That first one of Sidney helping Sophia is just darling! He looks SO much like his daddy! lol Love it! Love Sophia's Cheeks!!! They are most definitely kissable!!!! Love ya!
I'm so confused! Not about your post! Haha! I loved it! And yay for removal of unwanted things on our bodies! haha! Anyway, I posted a new blog on our Gaertner Challenge, but I can't seem to find yours. Did you delete it???? LOL... oh well I'll talk with you lata!
Love Nichole
oh I just love the pics!!!!! hope all is wonderful, it was cool seeing you at walmart!! take care!
You and Nichole are the only ones who "follow" my bloggyblog. I am working on a fellowship of blind followers to lure to nerdy conventions. My goal is to amass a population of cult-classic fans who idolize my every dipthong. So far I am just too tired. Tee hee. Oh! Speaking of the dog...he did another stinky-poo and actually looked at his butt with great curiosity. I think he may be putting 2 and 2 together... Nasty cretin!
Post a Comment