Time flies when you're married to your best friend!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

I'm the BIG brother!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

I'm the little sister!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy 2009!




So, we had our first Christmas at Sid and Julie's on Christmas Day and after eating entirely too much dinner, everyone napped including Sophia cuddled up on her Aunt Sara. That girl LOVES to be held, especially while sleeping! We had a very nice, small unwrapping session with Sid, Julie, Sara, Sid, Sidney, Sophia and me and Sidney wasn't really into the presents themselves as much as shredding tiny pieces of paper off the gifts. Both kids got some really cute things like clothes, stuffed horses and little toys- Sidney really likes his Little People farm animals! Sara got a nice keyboard and Gramma Lila showed her some of the things it can do and Sidney just had to be involved! He sat on Great Gramma Lilas knee and bounced around to all the beats she played as well as trying to get involved in some of the key-pushing a well...



Next weekend we'll be headed to my sisters house for Christmas with my side of the family so we get to have TWO Christmases! We've ususally done that for quite a few years mostly due to working around my uncle's cop schedule and now Rachel and Brian have funky schedules working at the jail. My Mom and Dad and Gramma will be coming over from Bellingham and then me and the kids will go over for the weekend (Sid has to work-bummer!!) I'll have more to post then too.


Yeah, so Sid is a detention monitor at the local juvenile hall...he's basically paid to babysit juvenile delinquents. I think he's a good fit for the job because he's not easily ruffled (as long as Josh or Sara isn't there!!) and he's kinda intimidating to some kid PLUS, he can take away points and levels (thus losing privileges) if they get outta line. He just started this past Friday and although it isn't his dream job, it's a JOB and we really need that right now and its' full time AND it's right here in Ephrata like a mile away.


We are having a good 2009 so far and there's lots of snow on the ground outside and lots of fun going on inside! Here's Sidney being goofy and all the mess in the background is from him- he has discovered we 'hide' all sorts of things in drawers and he constantly pulls blankets off Sophia and throws them over hius head and leaves it wherever it happens to land. I do get tired of picking up the SAME thing a million times but he enjoys watching me slave away.

1 comment:

Nichole Gaertner said...

I'm sad we missed christmas, but all is well because we'll see you guys friday! yay! Are you proud of me? I'm actually online reading blogs! Tomorrow I might even update mine! haha!

Love Nichole