Time flies when you're married to your best friend!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

I'm the BIG brother!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

I'm the little sister!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 22, 2009

Ag Extravaganza!

So, this morning my friend Denise, her son Gabriel and her Mom and me and the kids went to the Ag Extravaganza at the Ephrata HS. They had a petting zoo, a greenhouse where the kids got to poke some seeds into little cups of dirt (and wound up ALL OVER the back seat of the Tahoe...thanks little man), hammered nails into 2x4's, sat in big tractors, colored, ate ice cream ( at 10 in the morning!!) and learned how to milk a plywood cow. It was a treat to get out and do something geared towards little people! Gabriel and Sidney are still getting used to each other....we think Gabriel sees Sidney as a novelty and wants to constantly hug and touch and maul!! Gabriel turned 2 in April and Sidney will be 2 in just a few weeks...they are evenly matched in size too! Anyway, the boys seemed to have a good time and I thought some pics would be in order...


Here they are, learning to "milk" a plywood cow. Gabriel kept dumping the bucket out!

Mommas KNOW not to feed ice cream to little boys this early! But hey, it's a special occasion!



Here Sidney is test driving the smallest John Deere they had on display...FFA anyone??



And this is how Gabriel felt about those tractors!

Sophia fell asleep in the stroller after sucking down a bottle and she wasn't remotely interested in the whole deal. Tomorrow, we're taking the kids to the Spring Fest in Moses Lake for the lighted parade in the evening. Although keeping Sidney up WAY past his bedtime means at least two days of him reorienting himself to his normal schedule, we are looking forward to the fun at the carnival and the parade. Hopefully I'll have time to post those pics too before months have passed! Love to all!

2 comments:

Nichole Gaertner said...

OOOH HOW CUTE! I wish that Aiden and I were able to do something like that! :) I bet the boys just had a blast. Nothing wrong with learning to appreciate the rural communities before your three!!! :) (Or two in Sidney's case! haha!) I'm glad he's making a pally out there!
Love Auntie that one!

Carlson Family said...

Sounds like a blast was had! At least by the boys. If Fia didn't have her bottle there might have been a mutiny? Can't wait to get together again! Hugs!